Six Step Process
Buckingham Gate provide a truly bespoke lifestyle financial planning service, with the journey beginning with a detailed examination of your unique situation.
Our expert team create a personalised assessment to discuss what actions we recommend you need to consider. By working through a series of logical steps, we provide a lifestyle blueprint that will help you gain a better understanding of the options available. And by working together, we devise and implement a suitable financial plan to target your goals.
Buckingham Gate Chartered Financial Planners
6-Step Financial Planning Process
- The Discovery Meeting is all about you. We will take the time to really listen to your personal, family and business objectives.
- You’ll talk about the issues that you need help with.
- We will ask you some thought provoking questions to get you to consider what’s really important to you.
- You will get a feel for how we can help you and the service that your financial planner will provide.
- We will meet again to clarify some specific lifestyle objectives that you wish to focus on.
- We will show you a ‘road map’ of your financial future and some of the options and compromises available to you.
- We will collect all of the information we require to begin creating your comprehensive financial planning recommendations.
Creation of Your Financial Planning Recommendations
- We will analyse and research all of your existing policies and investments in detail.
- We will design a suitable investment portfolio to help you achieve your goals.
- We will create a comprehensive set of recommendations to help you achieve the future you dream of.
Presentation of Your Financial Planning Recommendations
- We will meet again to talk you through our financial planning recommendations.
- We will take the time to answer any questions you may have.
- With your agreement, we will complete the paperwork required to implement your financial planning recommendations.
Implementation of Your Financial Planning Recommendations
- We will take care of all of the work involved in implementing your financial planning recommendations.
- We will liaise with the recommended providers and establish your new investment portfolio.
- We will help you to implement any recommended tax or estate planning solutions.
- We will keep you updated throughout the process.
Our On-going Financial Planning Relationship
- We’ll talk about your progress towards your lifestyle objectives.
- We will update your financial life plan to take into account any tax or legislation changes.
- We will update your comprehensive lifestyle cash flow plan.
- You will be provided with an update on your portfolio and we will implement any changes that may be required.
Clients facing vulnerable circumstances
At Buckingham Gate, our view is that many of our clients are likely to have at least one aspect of their circumstances that could indicate vulnerability and as a result, our process is designed with that in mind:
- We encourage the attendance of more than one party where appropriate.
- We allow roughly four weeks between meetings to allow clients to collect their thoughts.
- We always give the advice in writing first to allow clients to consume it in their own time without pressure.
- We keep clear, accurate and complete records by recording all calls and meetings, as this provides evidence that we have acted with integrity and in the best interests of the client.
We are proud supporters of the Financial Vulnerability Task Force Charter – 9 statements that we are committed to enacting and actively support. To ensure that we enable all members of Buckingham Gate to deal compassionately, empathetically, and effectively with those in vulnerable circumstances, we raise awareness by providing training.